D u t i e s & A r e a s o f R e s p o n s i b i l i t y
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects or product lines.
- Works with product development, sales, and marketing to discern competitiveness of new technologies.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines schedule of product releases or project deadlines.
- Plans and directs all investigations and negotiations pertaining to technical aspects of mergers, joint ventures, acquisition of businesses, or sales of major assets, with approval of senior management.
- Support technical proposals in response to RFQ’s and ensure projects and quotes are timely and meet technical specifications
- Oversite responsibility for the design and development of new projects, as well as oversite responsibility for manufacturing support with design related issues.
- Promote a customer-oriented focus and advocate consultative customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain high-profile external relationships within customer constituents, and professional organizations.
- Provide strategic planning leadership for New Program Development and Implementation to achieve program objectives and meet customer expectations.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based upon the needs of the business.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Activities, duties & responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
K n o w l e d g e, S k i l l s & A b i l i t i e s
- BA/BS in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering related roles, preferably in Aerospace Composites, Fuel Engines or Generators, related components and technology
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the aerospace composites sector, or related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience translating customer requirements into technical procedures and job instructions
- Skilled in blue print and technical documentation reading and interpretation. Thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Project management experience and skills to drive successful project implementation while maintaining strict adherence to schedule and budget plans
- Results driven collaborator with excellent communication skills and an aptitude to relate to all levels of an organization
- Well organized, energetic, positive, self-directed, and self-confident individual with high personal integrity and a collaborative personality
- Motivated and capable leader that is driven by a continuous process improvement mentality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong writing and content development skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple activities and work independently as well as part of a team
- Personable with solid business acumen, able to clearly communicate objectives and outcomes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, CATIA, or other Engineering-related software
A d d i t i o n a l I n f o r m a t i o n
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand; walk and sit frequently.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds seldom.
- Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization: U.S. citizenship is a requirement for this position as TIGHITCO is subject to ITAR compliance. Applicants must meet the definition of a “US person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 for purposes of Export Control compliance requirements.
AAP / EEO Statement: TIGHITCO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of non-discrimination. This means that all qualified persons are afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including hiring and promotion without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Connecticut House Bill No. 6380 Compliance: The anticipated annual salary for this position is $200,000.00 to $220,000.00.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org