Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Familiar with use of MRP Systems (Epicor, other)
Identifying & solving problems (troubleshooting) by seeking out additional expertise (if required)
Capable of Interpreting manufacturing drawings and blueprints
Capable of Interpreting GD&T applications
· Ability to create inspection media from a 3D model in addition to 2D drawings
· Ability to describe inspection media and methods that will ensure all products features are planned for inspection
· Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
· Review and inspect fabrication of tooling as needed to support production needs
· Quality Engineering review of un-dimensioned 3D models that must be converted into 2D drawings
· Review process Planning (work orders) to ensure adequate inspection steps, are planned to meet customer requirements.
· Review process that require tooling as a method of inspection is available and capable of meeting customer requirements.
· Knowledge of how to create Inspection Method Sheets as needed (IMS)
· Demonstrates working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and application of SPC methods for analyzing data to evaluate the process is capable and review of the process if changes are required.
· Documents key characteristics that are needed to reduce cost, streamline inspection process.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems and development of new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities
· Requires understanding of Root Cause Corrective Action process (5 Whys, 8D, etc)
· Utilizing previous AS9100 auditing experiences, communicates significant issues or developments identified during Internal Quality Assessments and provides recommended process improvements to management
· Requires understanding of continue improvement and 6s processes.
· Have a general understanding of Nadcap Requirements
· General understanding of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
· Uses demonstrated auditing experience to ISO 9000 or AS9100 to prepare reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities
· Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management
· Maintains a working knowledge of government, regulatory, statutory, customer and internal specifications and requirements
· Proven ability to monitor measure and improve supplier performance via continuous improvement facilitation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Must have strong background of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software is required. The understanding of producing charts that define process controls as needed A working knowledge of CATIA and Mastercam software a plus.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in a technology/science. Must have 1-3 years of experience in an Inspection environment or one to two years related experience and/or training; and or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of composite and sheet metal manufacturing processes preferred. Preferred Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university;
Not required for this position – Reports directly to the Quality Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand; walk and sit frequently.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds seldomly.
· Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
To be determined on a Program specific basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office Area 40% of the time
· Manufacturing Area 60% of the time
· Noise – Moderate noise
· Work near moving mechanical parts 25% of the time or as required
· Fumes or airborne particles 25% of the time
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Berlin, CT 06037: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person