Training will be conducting on 1st shift until the correct candidate has the knowledge required to move to 2nd shift
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Reviews time standards for accuracy.
· Projects weekly, monthly and quarterly labor loads for department to ensure appropriate staffing levels based on time standards and efficiencies.
· Determines overtime requirements.
· Ensures department equipment is calibrated and or suitable for use.
· Responsible for areas of production scheduling, material requisitioning, labor reporting, quality of work, efficiency improvements, housekeeping, and training of personnel.
· Ensure that travelers, materials, tools and supplies required to support production are readily available.
· Ensure that operators are properly trained.
· Coordinate with quality assurance inspectors to ensure that all production work meets the appropriate quality standards.
· Provide training, to team personnel in order to develop employee skills and ensure efficient production operations. Coordinate cross training initiatives as required.
· Ensure that materials are requisitioned out timely and correctly. Work with department operators to ensure labor reporting and recording of all paperwork is accurate.
· Ensure department is maintaining a clean and organized work area.
Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve problems.
Experience with composite layup fabrication techniques and manufacturing methods.
Demonstrated ability to vacuum bag composite components for subsequent autoclave processing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
· Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
· Should have knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software is required.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a supervisor.
Directly supervises employees on 2nd shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand; walk and sit frequently.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently.
· Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
To be determined on a Program specific basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manufacturing Area 100% of the time
· Noise – Moderate noise
· Fumes or airborne particles
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com